Product Safety Engineer- Norcross, GA
June 26, 2013
This position is responsible for product compliance related to all industry and government safety standards and regulations, communications with Executives, the parent company and factories related to product safety and customer satisfaction and assisting the legal team. Position responsible for representing company on industry group committees related to engineering and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Understand and keep records on all industry and government safety standards related to electric and pneumatic power tools and outdoor power equipment.
Understand all technical aspects of electric and pneumatic power tools and outdoor power equipment.
Represent the company in PL matters as instructed by the parent company legal department.
Present information related to safety and customer satisfaction to the Executive group, as well as HKK departments.
Support sales and service as required.
Represent the company on engineering and technical committee of ISANTA, PTI and OPEI
(Other duties may be assigned.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Engineering experience working directly with power tools.
• Experience testifying in depositions and in court.
• Must be a detail-oriented self-starter, able to manage own time effectively and meet deadlines within a highly dynamic work environment.
• Must be able to demonstrate effective planning and organizing skills and the ability to prioritize work and multiple projects to meet goals on schedule.
• Must have excellent communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills with a good rapport and proven track record working with other managers and customers.
• Needs to have an extensive knowledge of power tools and applications.
• Needs to be extremely proficient in related computer skills.
• Willingness to travel as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field from an accredited University.
• Minimum of 4 years power tool engineering experience.
• Experience testifying in depositions and in court is preferred.
• Professional engineering license is preferred nut not required. If the candidate does not have a professional engineering license then the candidate should be PE qualified.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in PL depositions and in court.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Ability to apply engineering concepts to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
• Highly skilled in word processing, spreadsheets and engineering related software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• HKU conforms with the American Disabilities Act (ADA).
• The work environment is consistent with normal office conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org